The “Shine a Light on Autoinflammatory Diseases” theme is to help raise awareness to shine a light on rare autoinflammatory diseases. Wherever you are, you can make a difference this month to improve understanding, hope and. care for patients with autoinfammatory diseases. Earlier diagnosis and treatment can greatly change, and in some cases, save lifes.
Learn more on our Events page
Help to share your message to
“Shine a Light for Autoinflammatory Diseases.”
You can help medical professionals, family, friends, and the general public know more about these diseases, why they matter, and how it affects you or your family. We have a lot of great ideas for how to get involved and advocate, even if you have only a few minutes, such as making a social media profile picture with the official awareness frame.
Casting call! Shine youron autoinflammatory diseases for Autoinflammatory Awareness Month by submitting a short video (30 seconds or less) sharing what you have found helpful to better cope with you or your child’s disease.
We all loved last year’s video highlighting our patients! All submissions will be included in a slideshow to be shared in our program on August 27th in celebration of this year’s Autoinflammatory Awareness Month.
Deadline for all submissions is August 7, 2022. Please upload your videos to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/rGwJqfgz1w0eOQcj5QPW?fbclid=IwAR2IepbjO_3AH6dyK8P5NEZ0B-oNjiT2XelzZ4z6qmFvNG27Lom6Guc-ZVc
We can’t wait to see your resilience!
Download and print out some of our awareness graphics and take a photo with glow, candles or lights and your message in a photo, or up to 10 seconds of video, and upload your photos or videos to our secure dropbox by August 15th so we can put them in our awareness month social media and our closing ceremony on August 27th.
We would like to showcase the photos and videos shared in our virtual closing program on August 27th, 2022. Visit the events page for registration to our free virtual events and attend landmark illuminations, or watch from afar on the webcam-all the details are on our events page.
Photo and Video Ideas
- Show your sign with shining lights, glow sticks, temporary tattoos, dancing, light up your bike, or anything, while sharing your story in a photo or a video (10 seconds)! Be as creative as you want!
- Put glow stickers to mark on your clothed body where your autoinflammatory disease affects you. Take a video or photos showing yourself/your child without the stickers and then after with the lights off and glowing to show where their disease affects them.
“Shine a Light” Awareness Kits are available with all the needed items, including the printed sign (in English) to light up the world orange and raise awareness.
Print this sign, to help spread awareness, and share today!
If you need a sign in another language, please visit the downloads page for the Spanish, French, Dutch, German versions.
1. Fill in the blank after “I’m Shining a Light on…” with whom or what you want to shine a light on this month.
“I’m shining a light on…
- increased awareness
- the need for more research
- the need for more treatments
- your disease (HIDS, TRAPS, USAID, CAPS etc.)
- in honor of (your loved one’s name)
- a state, province, or country
- in memory of (someone you lost to an autoinflammatory disease)
2. Then fill in the blank after “in August for International Autoinflammatory Disease awareness month because…” with your “why” for getting involved, or what you want to have improve for these diseases.
- very few doctors know how to treat these diseases
- we need more treatments
- the right diagnosis and treatment has changed (or saved) my or my child’s life
- I can’t get helpful medication in my country
- my body is inflamed all over
- my child needs…
- I need…
Make it your own! Do try to keep the words easy to read and use clean language for all ages.
And don’t forget the hashtag #shine4autoinflammatory on everything that you share!
-Post anything you find interesting on our Facebook or Twitter Autoinflammatory Awareness Month pages to raise awareness to your social circles, and use the #shine4autoinflammatory hashtag, or ad some others listed below.
Thanks for joining us in helping to Shine a Light on Autoinflammatory Diseases!
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/autoinflammatoryawarenessmonth
Dropbox to upload photos or videos: https://www.dropbox.com/request/s4TnCItKXaEsffGlW9uo
Flicker group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/autoinflammatory_month/
Hashtag to use: #shine4autoinflammatory
Additional hashtags (optional):
We have a limited supply of materials leftover from last year’s awareness kit program, and we have items that we are also sending to people hosting events. Please contact [email protected] if you need materials for awareness.
The luminarias that have the Shine a Light for Autoinflammatory Diseases logo on them, and come with orange LED candles.
- Customize your luminarias by writing a name on it or your messages of hope.
- You can make extras with plain bags, lights, or the glow sticks too.