The “Shine a Light on Autoinflammatory Diseases” theme is to help raise awareness to shine a light on rare autoinflammatory diseases. Wherever you are, you can make a difference this month to improve understanding, hope and. care for patients with autoinfammatory diseases. Earlier diagnosis and treatment can greatly change, and in some cases, save lifes.
Learn more on our Events page
Help to share your message to
“Shine a Light for Autoinflammatory Diseases.”
You can help medical professionals, family, friends, and the general public know more about these diseases, why they matter, and how it affects you or your family. We have a lot of great ideas for how to get involved and advocate, even if you have only a few minutes, such as how to change your facebook profle to have the official frame.
“Shine a Light” Awareness Kits are available with all the needed items, including the printed sign (in English) to light up the world orange and raise awareness.
Kits are available to order now at this link. Note that we are having to charge a minimal fee to help cover some of the shipping costs, and shipping in the US is included.
The kit includes 2 luminarias that have the Shine a Light for Autoinflammatory Diseases logo on them, and come with 2 orange LED candles.
- Customize your luminarias by writing a name on it or your messages of hope.
- You can make extras with plain bags, lights, or the glow sticks too.
Print this sign, to help spread awareness, and share today!
If you need a sign in another language, please visit the downloads page for the Spanish, French, Dutch, German versions.
1. Fill in the blank after “I’m Shining a Light on…” with whom or what you want to shine a light on this month.
“I’m shining a light on…
- increased awareness
- the need for more research
- the need for more treatments
- your disease (HIDS, TRAPS, USAID, CAPS etc.)
- in honor of (your loved one’s name)
- a state, province, or country
- in memory of (someone you lost to an autoinflammatory disease)
2. Then fill in the blank after “in August for International Autoinflammatory Disease awareness month because…” with your “why” for getting involved, or what you want to have improve for these diseases.
- very few doctors know how to treat these diseases
- we need more treatments
- the right diagnosis and treatment has changed (or saved) my or my child’s life
- I can’t get helpful medication in my country
- my body is inflamed all over
- my child needs…
- I need…
Make it your own! Do try to keep the words easy to read and use clean language for all ages.
And don’t forget the hashtag #shine4autoinflammatory on everything that you share!
We would like to showcase the photos and videos shared in our virtual closing program on August 28th, 2021. Visit the events page for registration to our free virtual events on August 7th (register here) and August 28th (registration will be posted here soon.)
Take a photo or make a short video (15-20 seconds) with your message, and use the glow sticks, pins, glow and regular temporary tattoos, bracelets, luminaries, lights you have at home, or anything you want to add to help make your picture shine and glow!
Upload your photo or video to our secure Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/s4TnCItKXaEsffGlW9uo
To get your photo or video showcased online, and in our virtual closing program, please submit by August 25th.
Photo and Video Ideas
- Show your sign with shining lights, glow sticks, temporary tattoos, dancing, light up your bike, or anything, while sharing your story in a photo or a video (15-20 seconds)! Be as creative as you want!
- Put glow stickers to mark on your clothed body where your autoinflammatory disease affects you. Take a video or photos showing yourself/your child without the stickers and then after with the lights off and glowing to show where their disease affects them.
Thanks for joining us in helping to Shine a Light on Autoinflammatory Diseases!
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/autoinflammatoryawarenessmonth
Dropbox to upload photos or videos: https://www.dropbox.com/request/s4TnCItKXaEsffGlW9uo
Flicker group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/autoinflammatory_month/
Hashtag to use: #shine4autoinflammatory
Additional hashtags (optional):